3 benefits of reading a book before you goto sleep

My day isn't complete without having this ritual done. There are three main reasons why i can't let go of this habit (which has been my practice for 2 decades already).

1. Read a book in bed to prepare the mind in drifting to slumber
- it's like a dose of a glass of hot milk, where the mind is being lulled, being readied to enter slumber and unconsciousness, as the words go blurred slowly, calmly...

2. Read to enrich the vocabulary
- in my case, this has been a way to continuously increase my learning of words. This is only applicable if u have a thesaurus or a webster beside you. In my case, i use my phone's lexicon app whenever the word is unfamiliar to me.

3. Read for pleasure
- it's one way to feed the part of the brain where pleasure is located. it's a sense of fulfillment whenever i finish a chapter or two. And returns are greatly varied, maybe i'm running out of words how to explain this, but to those who felt the connection with a book while in bed, that's what i'm talking about.

No comments: